Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2...the day after...

Did you know that I love to sleep? 

Oh yes indeedy.  Late to bed and late to rise.  That's how I like it!  :) 

And did you also know that while I love to sleep, I hate waking up to half of my day already gone?

If you sleep in late, that's the price you pay.  I can totally hear my dad telling me this.

So, now that we are done with those fun facts (because I realized last night that it would be fun to include one of those in each post I did, but because I realized it after I made yesterday's post, today's had to include two) it's on to something else I realized this morning.

I have no life.

And by life, I mean one of those things that i see other people having on FB, Twitter and the news.  The things that they do on TV shows.  Heck, the things my 18-year old daughter even does.  Going out with friends.  Movies.  Shopping.  Eating out.  Inside jokes.  Meeting new people. 

I do not have one of these. 

My typical week consists of going to work, going to school (or doing classwork online), homework, dinner, sleep.  Rinse and repeat. 

Now some people will tell me that there is time for a life after school.  But I don't think so. 

I am 40 after all (I know, big gasp, followed by "you're so old" jokes).  And in order to get a life, it seems that you have to do it at a younger age, or else all the good ones are already taken.  Or else on a higher shelf where I can't reach them. 

There are days when it doesn't really bother me.  And then there are days, like yesterday, when it does.  Sitting at home while everyone else is out having fun with their friends, or just going out and doing stuff.  I really miss that. 

Not quite sure how to go about it, but I want a life.  I really do.  Because there are days when I feel every inch of 40, and there are days when I feel like a teenager again.  And truth be told, I like the younger-feeling days!  I want to feel like my whole life is in front of me, instead of trailing behind me like toilet paper stuck to the bottom of my shoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment